The holidays are coming!
For most people, the seasonal celebrations are heavily decorated by family, traditions, gifts, and a cheer that just can't be beat. There’s lots of variation, too; there might be a Christmas Eve present opening session, or an early morning sledding adventure, or a cozy movie and hot chocolate get together. Some families hit up a midnight mass, while others go caroling every single year.
One thing that nearly all celebrators have in common, though, is something that brings everyone together: food. And a lot of it. Whether it’s a Christmas Eve dinner or a midday meal, a delicious series of satisfying recipes are a must.
This year, celebrate a holiday feast with a meal that you – and any other willing guests – will never forget. Aim for delicious, potent, and original. The secret ingredient? Cannabis oil, baby.
To make cooking even easier, look no farther than these cannabis oil crock pot recipes, which make the day-of painless as the herbal goodness cooks itself at a slow and loving pace.
Recipe 1: Slow Cooker Herb Farmhouse Chicken
Sometimes, a gooey and delicious meaty meal is all that we need to feel the magic of the holiday season. This cannabis oil crock pot herb farmhouse chicken recipe, originally found on Weedist, is a feel-good option that tastes like comfort on a plate, peppered with a nice dose of high-inducing cannabis oil and cannabis butter. One word comes to mind: yum.
1/4 c cannabis oil
1 lb chicken thighs
1 stalk chopped celery
2 peeled and sliced (into ˝ inch rings) carrots
1 lb cremini mushrooms, quartered
1/2 chopped yellow onion
1 lb stick of cannabis butter
2 c white wine
1/2 c apple cider vinegar
1 tsp garlic powder or crushed garlic
1/4 c basil
2 tsp chopped rosemary
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat up the cannabis oil in a sauté pan until it nearly starts to smoke. Add in all the vegetables and cook them until they are slightly browned.
- While the veggies are busy cooking, add all the other ingredients to a crock pot.
- Once the veggies are done on the stovetop, add them into the slow cooker. Stir all the ingredients together, and add the lid to the crock pot.
- Set the cooking timer for at least 5 hours on low heat. It might take more time, especially if you sub in beef or pork for chicken.
- Once the timer rings, test your meat with a fork; it should flake and shred easily if it is cooked enough.
Pro-tip: feel free to add another stick of cannabis butter into the crock pot once it's done cooking, for an extra coating of canna-love and flavor. Be sure to taste for potency, and be aware of dosing.
Recipe 2: Bacon and Cheddar "Pot-Potatoes"
Meat and potatoes are a classic combination. With an added mix of cannabis oil and cannabis butter, this crock pot masterpiece is an updated version sure to thrill and excite just about any holiday crowd. Plus, a little cheese? The crowd will go wild. Guests will be crooning their delights and appreciation with each and every bite, compliments of the cannabis connoisseur chef.
1/4 c cannabis oil
1 lb diced bacon
2 medium, thinly sliced onions
5 medium, thinly sliced potatoes
˝ lb grated cheddar cheese
4 Tbsp cannabis-infused butter
1 tsp salt
˝ tsp black pepper
˝ tsp chili powder
Optional garnishes: thinly sliced scallions and a dollop of sour cream
- To start, line your crock pot with a thin layer of aluminum foil. There should be enough to cover the tops of the potatoes when finished.
- Heat up either a skillet or large stove-top griddle to medium-high heat.
- Once warm, add 1 tablespoon of cannabis butter to grease the pan. Next, toss in the bacon. Cook it until cooked and crispy, even on both sides, without letting it char or burn. Once done, remove the bacon and place the strips onto a paper towel-lined plate, to allow the grease to drip and drain.
- Slice up the onions and potatoes into thin slices. While chopping, dice the cooled bacon strips into bits. Grate the cheddar cheese.
- Add all of these ingredients (bacon, onions, potatoes, cheese) into the lined crock pot, in layers if desired. Add any lingering bits of cannabis-infused butter as well. Season the mixture with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Seal up the aluminum foil and stick the lid onto the crock pot. Turn on the slow cooker – turn it to low, and set the time for 10-12 hours.
- When time is up, carefully remove the lid and open the foil. Be sure to avoid the burst of heat. Serve the meal in bowls, adding a garnish if preferred.
Most Importantly: Enjoy!
Spend time with family, and enjoy your fresh dose of delicious weed-infused food after trying out our cannabis oil recipes for a crock pot. And remember to refer to Leafbuyer.com when searching for dispensaries near you, with cannabis-infused oils and butters in stock and ready for your kitchen.
Disclaimer: All information on this site is for reference purposes only. Leafbuyer is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe you try from the Website, or any website linked to from this site. You may not achieve desired results due to variations in elements such as ingredients, cooking temperatures, typos, errors, omissions, ingredient quality/potency, or individual cooking ability. Recipes available on the Website may not have been formally tested by us or for us and we do not provide any assurances nor accept any responsibility or liability with regard to their originality, quality, nutritional value, or safety. The cannabis amounts specified in this recipe are a loose suggestion. You should adjust the amount based on desired potency and the strength of your cannabis.