If the marriage between food and cannabis were to have dessert at the reception, the wedding caterers would be prepared to wow the guests with a deliciously executed weed cake recipe.
The process of combining marijuana and pastries is a simple one; it doesn’t take a cake boss to figure out how to make a weed cake. All that’s needed is the understanding of a few basic concepts.
The decarboxylation process:
- The heat activation of THC prior to ingestion. In other words, if someone were to eat a quarter-ounce of weed at once, they wouldn’t feel the effects because no decarboxylation process occurred. When marijuana is smoked, the heat igniting the plant matter causes decarboxylation to occur and the activated THC is ingested on the spot.
- In cases of THC consumed in the edible form, decarboxylation needs to occur before ingestion for any effects to be truly felt. Scarfing down a decarbed quarter-ounce of weed would result in seriously potent effects (not recommended). Instead, this quarter ounce worth of activated THC is processed into a solution that can be used in place of butter, or oil, in many common recipes. Either used in a weed cake recipe, or an equally inviting pastry, the decarbed marijuana is now primed for THC transfer into the kitchen-ready butter or oil forms.
- Activating THC so it can be operative once ingested is important, but so is processing the decarbed plant matter into something that’s viable in the kitchen. At the heart of the cannabis cake recipe is preparing the cannabutter. These hypothetical wedding caterers would most likely have had cannabutter stored on deck, prepped ahead of time so any weed cake recipe could be handled without extensive prep work.
Weed Cake Recipe:
When the munchies call for some THC-infused baked goods, a peanut butter chocolate cannabis cake recipe is the right call to make. Made from personal experience, the peanut butter chocolate weed cake recipe is as follows:
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup cannabutter
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ of a 12 oz. bag of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ can of Betty Crocker Hershey’s milk chocolate frosting
*Will need a bowl and 9 x 9 baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix the cannabutter, white sugar, and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Add peanut butter, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix the contents.
- Add flour and baking soda, and then mix until smooth.
- Line baking pans with wax paper.
- Press mix into pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cake cool.
- Cover cake with chocolate frosting. Top with Reese’s and chocolate chips.
Final Thoughts on How to Make a Weed Cake:
- If making something from scratch isn’t really your thing, you can buy boxed cake mix and substitute the butter, or oil, that it calls for with cannabutter.
- Properly decarbing your weed will ensure that your weed cake recipe turns out with a decent potency.
by Diego Felix