Is there a more enticing combination of ideas than the notion of bringing together cookies and marijuana? I don’t believe that there is.
Down the line, most avid cannabis connoisseurs will develop an interest in creating their own edibles. With a little patience and some practice, a weed cookie recipe can be successfully executed and bring into existence a tray full of THC-rich, baked goodness.
In order to properly follow a pot cookie recipe, the THC must be extracted from the marijuana plant matter. This process involves taking ground-up marijuana and mixing it with unsalted butter, until it melts together at a low but simmering temperature. Cannabutter is what it’s called and it is a key ingredient in any worthwhile weed cookie recipe.
Here’s a look at a marijuana cookie recipe that will please any seasoned cannabis lover, while being simple enough for the novice baker to complete.
Pot Cookie Recipe
The total process, from start to finish, should take under an hour. First off, gather the proper measuring equipment, mixing tools and cooking utensils. Then, take a quick look at the list of ingredients that will be required to complete a pot cookie recipe:
- 250g of cannabutter — softened
- 500g flour
- 2 eggs
- 200g white sugar
- Vanilla extract 2tbs
- Pinch of salt
Here are the directions for bringing together this marijuana cookie recipe:
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, grease or line baking tray with stick-free product before placing it in.
- Stir sugar and the cannabutter until mixed completely and add vanilla. Stir some more until golden color comes through. Then add eggs–plus that pinch of salt.
- Spoonful by spoonful, slowly add flour and mix again. Did I mention to go slow here?
- Once the consistency is dough-like, create palm-sized balls from the dough. Place them across the tray and flatten them, with enough room between each so that they won’t overlap in the baking process.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven.
- Remove from the oven when the edges are nicely brown. It’s important to let them sit and cool down. A general rule of thumb is 15 to 20 minutes in the oven.
- Decorate the cookies how you wish! This weed cookie recipe is complete.
Pot Cookie Recipe Reminders & Extra Tips
- Make sure to take extra care when measuring out the quantities of weed being used in your marijuana cookie recipe. Going too light will make for some added effort with little effect; going too strong will result in a THC-dense super pastry that may be too potent for its own good.
- For added protein, use almond flour. However, be careful not to expose these to anyone with a nut allergy.
- For first-timers and novice bakers following a weed cookie recipe, stick with something simple, like sugar cookies. Use cannabutter–it delivers a better taste and reduces the chances of burning
- Substitute oil for cannabutter in premade cookie mix for a quick pot cookie recipe.
By: Diego Felix
Disclaimer: All information on this site is for reference purposes only. Leafbuyer is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe you try from the Website, or any website linked to from this site. You may not achieve desired results due to variations in elements such as ingredients, cooking temperatures, typos, errors, omissions, ingredient quality/potency, or individual cooking ability. Recipes available on the Website may not have been formally tested by us or for us and we do not provide any assurances nor accept any responsibility or liability with regard to their originality, quality, nutritional value, or safety. The cannabis amounts specified in this recipe are a loose suggestion. You should adjust the amount based on desired potency and the strength of your cannabis.