As marijuana continues to be legalized across the country, more and more people are looking at different ways to consume their cannabis. Vaporization was one of the earliest developments in the industry and has had the time to evolve into an industry full of specialized equipment. Among this equipment is the notorious Volcano vaporizer, which you’ve likely heard of before.
Though the Volcano vaporizer is just one system, it has a couple of variations that you should know about in order to get the most out of your investment. I will lay down the differences so you can make an informed decision – before you get sky high from the Volcano’s impressive vape capabilities.
Why Should I Consider a Volcano?
First things first: you should know why Volcano vaporizers are worth the investment. There are three main benefits to take into account here.
- Safety: The Volcano is one of the safest systems on the market. The body is crafted of stainless steel, and what isn’t metal is made of a very high-grade, heat-resistant plastic. Also, the design is such that it’s nearly impossible to burn yourself while the unit is in use.
- Potency & Purity: The Volcano is designed to be incapable of burning either flower or concentrate. Its maximum temperature is below the combustion threshold, so even when cranked to the maximum temp, this device will only extract all the compounds from the material, and stop short of burning.
- Dependability: Volcano vaporizers have a long-standing reputation as the most dependable systems available. All units come with a 3-year warranty, and many customers report their units lasting far longer. If you don’t want to take a chance on quality, the Volcano is the vaporizer for you.
Two Main Models: Classic & Digital
So, now that you’ve got the main benefits down let’s talk about the two versions of Volcano vaporizer that are available.
- The Classic: The classic, or “standard” Volcano has an analog interface. You’ll find a dial to control temperature, with settings ranging from 1 to 9. These settings correspond to a temperature range of 266° to 446°
- The Digital: The Volcano Digit‘s main differentiation is that it features a large LCD screen that displays the exact temperature setting. It also features simple + and – buttons you push to set said temperature. Aside from this, it features a wider temperature range, from 104° to 446°F.
The main reason to choose the digital version over the Classic is ease of use. Especially for medical patients, fiddling with a dial can be annoying or at worst, painful. The Digit’s lower starting temperature may also be useful for people who want to utilize other herbs and oils not related to marijuana. However, the feature isn’t really useful when vaporizing cannabis.
All in all, the choice of the Classic or Digit comes down to price and how much you’re willing to pay for convenience. The Classic starts at $479, and the Digit comes in at a heftier $599.
No matter your choice, a Volcano vaporizer is the way to go if you are looking to invest in a workhorse of a machine that will help you achieve the best high possible!
Article By: Spencer Grey