Get access to exclusive deals & inside info on community events and giveaways!
Looking for the best recreational & medical marijuana dispensaries in Denver?
If Hollywood is the capital for movies, then Denver is the capital for medical and recreational marijuana dispensaries.
Is recreational marijuana legal in Denver, CO
Since the vote to legalize recreational marijuana in 2012, Denver has exploded and added hundreds of recreational dispensaries to the medical dispensary market. Prior to the recreational pot surge, the city had plenty of medical marijuana dispensaries. Many of these dispensaries operated in a "grey area" for several years while local laws and ordinances were refined. Some medical marijuana dispensaries in Denver had to shut down and relocate to other locations after local ordinances were changed that more preciously specified the location in relation to schools and daycare facilities. In addition, in order to consume recreational marijuana, you must be 21 years or older.
There are more recreational marijuana dispensaries in Denver than any other city in the world. Over half of all the dispensaries in the state of Colorado are located in the Denver city limits.
When you combine medical and recreation dispensary numbers, Denver has a dispensary for about every 3000 residences. Almost 3% of Denver residences have a medical marijuana card (red card).
Recreational & medical marijuana dispensaries in Denver can be heavily fined and even shut down if the State finds age violations as the authorities take underage purchase very seriously.
Denver recreational dispensary prices tend to be significantly higher than medical dispensary prices. Taxes (contributing to the higher prices) are also different as medical dispensary purchases are taxed at a rate of 3.65%, which is the general sales tax rate in Denver and then a state tax of 2.9% is added for a total of 6.55%. Recreational marijuana is taxed at a rate of 7.15% in Denver and then 12.9% at the state level for a total of 20.05% - which jwill only go higher!
Where can you find recreational & medical marijuana dispensaries in Denver, CO?
As one of the best dispensary finders on the web, LeafBuyer helps you find the best dispensaries in Denver. Recreational and medical marijuana has never been easier to find. Get the best deals and the best info with LeafBuyer.